Paul Byron Hill, CFP®
Paul Byron Hill, President and Founder, blends a rigorous academic background and prestigious professional credentials with three decades of professional experience to develop highly customized wealth management strategies for our clients.
Paul founded Professional Financial Strategies in 1993 as one of the earliest independent “fee-only” financial advisory firms. He uses a consultative wealth management process, employing a comprehensive planning approach to understand his clients’ deepest needs, values and goals.
Working with select clientele of professionals, including many physicians and retirees, Paul acts as their personal chief financial officer, stewarding wealth through a consultative process.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- MBA University of Rochester – Simon Graduate School of Business
- MS Financial Planning, University of Phoenix
- MS Financial Services, American College
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®), University of Phoenix
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®), American College
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®), American College
- Accredited Tax Advisor, Accreditation Council for Accountancy & Taxation Inc.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & ACTIVITIES
- Financial Planning Association
- National Society of Accountants
- Adjunct faculty member, College for Financial Planning
- CFP® course instructor, St. John Fisher College
- Editor with WealthManagement.com RIA Advisor Panel, and participant in the RIA Confidence Index Panel.
Paul and his wife Katherine Hill, a Vice President at Professional Financial Strategies, provide education and health services for the Christian Hmars and Hindus of northeastern India. They also serve as financial parents for nearly 100 poor and orphaned children education through high school and provide matching funds to construct the first junior college in Muolhoi (North Cachar Hills), India.
Kam-Lin “Katherine” Hill, CFP®
Kam-Lin K. Hill is Vice President and a Relationship Manager for Professional Financial, has been an employee since 2001, and is a member of the investment committee.
Kam-Lin Hill’s rigorous academic and professional background, global perspective and years of experience enable her to develop highly customized wealth management strategies for our clients. She is fluent in four languages and dialects: English, Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese) and Malay.
As Vice President of Professional Financial Strategies, Inc., Kam-Lin works with successful professionals, widows and retirees from many walks of life, acting as their personal chief financial officer and financial planner.
Using a consultative process, she helps families make informed decisions about preserving wealth, mitigating taxes, taking care of heirs, protecting assets from unjust loss, and making a difference through charitable giving. Kam-Lin is also Managing Director of Professional Financial Solutions, LLC, a business accounting consulting firm.
Prior to Professional Financial, Kam-Lin’s served as financial controller for Dindings Consolidated Sdn Bhd in Malaysia. During her 12 year tenure at Dindings, Kam-Lin worked her way up through management to senior manager and then to director and financial controller for the Group. Her varied responsibilities included management of group operations, including finance, treasury, accounting, taxation, and oversight over its property development projects.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- MBA University of Hull, United Kingdom
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®), College for Financial Planning
- Accredited Wealth Management Advisor (AWMA)®, College for Financial Planning
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®), The American College
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA®)
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (FCMA)
- Registered Tax Preparer
Katherine and her husband, Paul Byron Hill, Professional Financial Strategies’ founder and President, actively support Bibles for the World (BFTW) as well as other charities. BFTW serves poor peoples, mostly Hmar, in northern India and surrounding countries with Christian education and free medical services for anyone, as well as Bibles in native languages. Kam-Lin and Paul match half of all construction costs for the first junior college in Muolhoi (North Cachar Hills District, Assam) in northeastern India—the first in a series of junior colleges in that area that are open to those of all religions. She is a financial parent for about 100 poor and orphan Christian Hmar children from grade school through high school and soon, junior college.
Peter C. Van Der Voorn, CFP®
Peter C. Van Der Voorn is a Relationship Manager for Professional Financial Strategies, employed since 2000.
Dr. Van Der Voorn is a Certified Financial Planner (since 2001), and is admitted to the Registry of CFP Licensed Practitioners. He holds a BA from Wichita State University (1961) and a PhD from The University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana (1964). He has practiced financial planning since 2000, and is employed by H&R Block for personal income tax preparation and accounting.