Most advances in financial economics over the past fifty years have come from academic research at places like the University of Chicago and the University of Rochester. Nearly twenty years ago, Professional Financial closely aligned with Dimensional Fund Advisors. What sets Dimensional apart is how closely they work with financial economists to rigorously interpret, test, and apply scientific research that applies to capital markets.
Almost uniquely, the research team at Dimensional has bridged the gap between published science and the practical world, devising profitable solutions relevant for successful investing strategies. In these videos, Nobel laureate professors Eugene Fama, Robert Merton, Myron Scholes and Dimensional founder David Booth, discuss the interaction of empirical research, rigorous data analysis, smart innovation and an informed wealth advisor for successful financial outcomes.
– A brief introduction to Dimensional, this video highlights the firm’s academic roots and unique offering to clients.
A Foundation Built on Great Ideas
– Many of the greatest advancements in finance have come from academic research. Dimensional Fund Advisors is a pioneer in translating those discoveries into practical investment solutions for clients.
Myron Scholes on Dimensional
– Nobel prize winning economist Myron Scholes reflects on the beginnings of Dimensional and its unique approach to investing.
The Value of Advice
– Dimensional has been investing in relationships with financial advisors and their clients for more than 25 years.
– Chairman and Co-CEO David Booth and others talk about the firm’s founding and its close ties to the academic community.